Safe4Athletes is a not-for-profit organization that:
1. Advocates for and helps sports organizations adopt effective policies, procedures and educational programs that are designed to prevent coach, volunteer and peer misconduct whether it be abuse (sexual, verbal, emotional or physical) bullying, harassment or other forms of inappropriate behaviors.
2. Assists sports organizations faced with situations involving sexual misconduct, bullying, harassment and other forms of inappropriate conduct on how to handle these situations appropriately and act quickly to restore safe environments for athletes.
3. Provides a safe and confidential place where abused athletes, their parents or others concerned about the impact of coach/volunteer/peer misconduct can call to:
4. Encourages and helps educate all parents and athletes to be more aware of what they can do to recognize inappropriate coach/volunteer/peer behavior and understand how traumatic the effects of such experiences can be for athletes.
5. Partners with state, regional, and national sports governing associations and other national sports organizations to encourage the adoption of legislation mandating that their members adopt strong policies, procedures and educational programs regarding this issue.